Mar 18, 2013

DIY Lavender Sugar Scrub

Lavender has always been a special plant: Ancient Egyptians used it in perfumes, Judith rubbed lavender oil all over her body before seducing Holofernes, and its been used since at least the 12th c. to treat anxiety and depression.

On a recent trip to Tucson I picked up some homemade lavender essential oil. I'd been using it here and there as a perfume but when a recent hamstring injury had me needing some extra TLC, I added it to my favorite basic sugar scrub recipe for a little extra oomph.

A hot shower + this lavender sugar scrub massaged into tired muscles = heaven.

diyThis scrub is the easiest, cheapest, and most luxurious exfoliator I've ever used - serious babe points for how soft your skin will be after using it.

Lavender Sugar Scrub

1. Mix equal parts coconut oil and sugar with fork to combine.


2. Mix in lavender oil to your taste. I was filling a small canning jar with scrub and used about 3/4 c. each oil and sugar and added 1 tsp. lavender oil.



Now go forth and soothe!

12 comments:

  1. This looks amazing and so good for you! We love anything with coconut oil in it. Thanks for sharing! Xo, M&K at brewedtogether.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks y'all! loving your blog, so much cuteness :)

      Delete
  2. Wow! What perfect timing. Have been dying to try a scrub!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its so easy, you've got to try it! My skin has NEVER been this soft :)

      Delete
  3. i love lavender and coconut oil. simple. delightful. magickal.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for a perfect Mother's Day gift for my Daughter and Daughter in Law!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks Tracy! I'm glad the recipe has gone to good use!

      Delete
  5. I love these for girlfriend's gifts and Christmas gifts for my daughter to give to her friends! Where can I find coconut and almond oils?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Where can I get essential oils from?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just about anywhere. Do you have a health food store near you? You can order online also. check vitacost.com as they have a few different brands you can choose from.

      Delete
  7. Can't wait to try this for holiday gifts! One question, is the coconut oil you use the opaque kind that you scoop out of the jar, or the clear liquid oil? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete